Monday, June 12, 2023

Portfolio 1 Week 4 Final Turn In

"Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."
I wish I did you better justice Conan. I did as much as I could with the time I had. Conan didn't turn out as awesome as I imagined. I used Substance Painter instead of 3D Coat. I didn't have enough time to learn a new program and I also wanted to see if I could develop a painterly style with Substance. In Unreal, I had specularity issues with the AO around Conan's hair and legs, which is why it looks odd. I also would have posed him in Zbrush. I would improve upon everything if I redid this assignment. Hannah's lighting rig was used for the Unreal screenshots. Thanks Hannah!




Color and Style Reference 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...