Monday, January 16, 2023

Module 1 - Simple Character Creation Part 01

For the first assignment of 3D Art II, we are assigned to sculpt a creature from Creaturebox using Zbrush. The first step in the process is to upload a reference image, which I applied using the spotlight method. I then matched primitive shapes with the image to block out the sculpture and gain the correct proportions. However, matching an image with an illustrative three-quarter view was difficult. I kept messing up the symmetry and it looks terrible from the front. The use of saved cameras was super helpful!

It was easier for me to block out the sculpture and make the proxy version using only a sphere and planes for the fins. If I were sculpting a full-body creature, I would have used primitive shapes or zspheres to block out the sculpture.

Creaturebox
https://www.artstation.com/search?sort_by=relevance&query=creaturebox



Yeah...I think I'll make this sculpture symmetrical.

Spotlight Method


Still working on the details.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...