Monday, July 24, 2023

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I plan to only focus on the sculpting aspect of the project by continuing to sculpt in Zbrush, and then texture in substance if I have the time. I have enjoyed myself, because I have been wanting to take the time to study anatomy. Knowing anatomy is important for foundational knowledge of form, creating realistic form from imagination, and for animal anatomy comparison. VR Sculpting is difficult, because precision of placement and details are harder to achieve. My favorite thing about VR Sculpting, is the ease of placement of clay by working in real space, ease of the move tool, the fluidity of placing clay, and the auto remeshing by working with voxels. However, I cant work in VR for long, because my face hurts from the headset pressing on it. It feels barbaric. Not the face!

Schedule:

Week 1: I took forever to figure out what I want to do.
Week 2: Concept and Anatomy Study
Week 3: Refine anatomy and Sculpt, High res details
Week 4: Finish sculpt, Texture if have the time






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...