Friday, January 13, 2023

Lighting Workshop Module #1

For the first assignment in Common Art II, I lit a model with 3-point lighting with Maya Arnold.

Lighting is more difficult than I'd like to admit. I had the perfect lighting setup. I think it was a magical glitch. Then the rim light, which is what made it awesome, somehow got lost in the wind. I spent five hours trying to get it the way it was with no luck. I understand that the blue light in my setup is not exactly "rim" light, and is more of a highlight. I tried the best that I could working with this sculpture's broad shape, which I think has a lot of points that could be emphasized. So I chose to emphasize the face with the rim light. Also, it would be helpful if the Arnold RenderView didn't take so long to render. Otherwise, I enjoyed this assignment and lighting! Lighting makes everything very beautiful and satisfying.

The use of saved cameras was super helpful!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...