Thursday, November 17, 2022

Week 12 VR Interactive Characters (Proxy Pass)

 For this week's VR assignment, I made a proxy version of the character for the VR game in Zbrush. The character is Dr. Frankenstein. I altered the male model provided by the Zbrush library. I was inspired by Bernie Wrightson's design of Dr. Frankenstein and used Sweeney Todd's outfit from the movie Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Mmmm...pies. Since I have to retopologize the high res version of the character made in Zbrush, I wanted to give myself time to do it right, and made the high res version as early as possible, as well as to give my team enough time for their part in the pipeline. I realize that I didn't have to put the finishing details into the model at this stage, but it is hard not to do so. I also sculpted details to practice sculpting techniques. I will have to work on making more efficient proxy versions of meshes. From this project, I made clothing for the first time and realized that making certain items, like shoes, could have been made much more efficiently in Maya. I learned a lot from this stage of the project. 


This week's character proxy submission. 9,846 poly count. A Zremeshed model - not the best for animators.


High Res Version


Zbrush's male model, low-res character, high-res character


Reference



No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...