Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Pre - Module 4 - Environment,Vehicle,Weapon Or Prop Part 01

 For this 3D art project, I have to manage my schedule and create my own subject matter for the project. I made a list of projects for myself in a previous post, but I have chosen to make a new subject: Beast, like from The Beauty and the Beast. I want to make something I am comfortable with, but making it realistic and detailed is still challenging. I'd like to make a bust of the beast that will be 3D printed and painted traditionally. I'd also like to prepare the pieces of the sculpture as if they are to be a sculpture kit to be duplicated and sold. I've never 3D printed anything and would like to learn. 

This project will be challenging because I will need to render realistic, hair/fur, skin texture, horn texture, rose petals, and cloth. I will also need to figure out a fitting base for the bust to stand on, how to create keys for the parts of the sculpture to attach to one another, and how to 3D print a good model. I will be happy if I can just get a good print and everything to assemble well, without worrying about painting it. 

I'll follow the schedule we have been using throughout the semester:

Week 1: Plan out the project, make pure ref boards, sculpt the proxy/low res/Primary forms

Week 2: Finish the secondary forms and tertiary details. 

Week 3: Retopo or do what I need to do to print the sculpture - OR continue to sculpt during this time

Week 4: Texture/assemble and paint and high res screenshots - OR just make a good 3D print


Pure Ref Board of The Beast project and two possible other subjects for this project:


The Beast

The Wolfman

Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights Wolfman illustration: I love this illustration of the Wolfman and it seems simple enough to make a bust of it with a base. I would also like to turn this into a 3D print. I'll texture this in substance and will also traditionally paint the 3D print. 

Frankenstein's Monster

Frankenstein's Monster. I have always admired Bernie Wrightson's rendition of Frankenstein's monster. My version will not look as corpse-like in the face. He will keep the same form but have more of a stitched Robert De Niro Frankenstein look.


Side by Side Comparison


I started already. No turning back now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 2 Mid Project

I decided to kill two birds with one stone by studying anatomy and practicing VR Sculpting simultaneously. I am a week behind now, but I pla...